Collection of Etruscan ex-voto clay
In addition to pottery, the Etruscan-Italic civilization is represented by a precious bronze statue of a warrior from Umbria (mid-5th century B.C.). The museum also hosts an extraordinary series of terracotta votive offerings, consisting in heads and anatomical parts, which date back to the Hellenistic period. They were donated by Pope Pius XI to the University of Pavia in 1934 and are from Caere, present-day Cerveteri. Such an important acquisition from the Vatican museums was sponsored by Carlo Albizzati.
Foto di Davide Barbieri